Home UDNH Pictures UDNH Events UDNH Message Board UDNH home join us contact us about UDNH Dive Central UDNH Pictures UDNH Events UDNH Message Board UDNH home

UDNH Message Board

smallflag   Profile

smallflag03   Members

smallflag05   Register

smallflag02   Search

smallflag04   User groups

Bermuda 9/4-9/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UDNH Message Board Forum Index -> Club dive travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyandsue
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bermuda 9/4-9/11 Reply with quote

Sue and I have booked a 7-day Bermuda cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines for 9-4-09 to 9-11-09
It's a pretty good deal. While it doesn't allow for a whole lot of dive time (only 3 days in port) it should still be a nice vacation, good for those with spouses that don't dive. Bermuda is beautiful and it's beaches and wreck diving are fantastic. Cabins start around $600.00 PP/double occ. and a 2 tank boat dive is around $120.00. Shore diving is also available {though don't expect Bonaire style diving}
Considering the cost of staying {and eating} in Bermuda, a cruise is the only way to go. You start in Boston Harbor and as soon as you're on the boat, you're on vacation, no more travel time. All meals are included and believe us the food is great. NCL dining is also unique in that you're not tied to eating meals at a set time as most other cruise ships. This is going to be a fun trip and even better if we can get a group together.
Anyone interested can call or e-mail me 487-3001

depart BOSTON 09-04-2009 04:00 PM
AT SEA 09-05-2009
KING'S WHARF 09-06-2009 11:00 AM
-- 09-07-2009
-- 09-08-2009
depart Bermuda-- 09-09-2009 06:00 AM
AT SEA 09-10-2009
BOSTON 09-11-2009 08:00 AM
Piccola

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Bermuda Reply with quote

I loved Bermuda when I was there many years ago and have longed to return, I just could not seem to find the right price. I sent an inquiry to my travel agent so we will see what they come back with.

Would a solo traveller be acceptable or is this more a duo event?
garyandsue
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cruise line charges for double occ. or a $600.00 upcharge for a single in a room making it less than a good deal. If you could find someone to go with you it's a good price. We got one of the oceanview staterooms for a total of$1835.90 taxes and fees included. While dealing straight with NCL is about as cheap as you can find, you sometimes hit certain specials like free travel insurance and an onboard credit of $100. as in our case. I went with 'Direct Line Cruises' online. Throw in a couple of days diving and we should get there and back for less than $3000.00 for 2 people.
Piccola

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Cruising Reply with quote

As a single cruiser I try to look for dates when the cruise line will offer deals on the cabins where they are not charging double for the room. I have done fairly well in the past. I looked at NCL and haven't been able to get a good rate. I will have to see, I have a few email requests in. You never know, they could offer great deals right before the ship sails to fill the room and where it departs from Boston, it's easy to toss stuff in a bag and go!
garyandsue
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know
garyandsue
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thinking it would be a nice trip but don't like cruises, the air from Boston on Jet Blue is $198 round trip right now.
nehaali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Find out if they give club discounts. If so you can run the money through the club and divide the savings among everyone going.
http://www.jhu.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverbed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UDNH Message Board Forum Index -> Club dive travel All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: